The Northern Ireland BloodBowl League Experience

Welcome to Nibble, hopefully to be Northern Ireland's favourite BloodBowl forum for making leagues or finding players.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello from Zurich

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
necrosis

PostSubject: Hello from Zurich   Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:36 am

Northern Irish exile atm, as living and working in Zurich.

Havent played table top since 2nd edition but got back into Blood Bowl after the cyanide game. Though I quickly moved on to botocs. Been playing over at stuntyleeg.com. Also started picking up some blood bowl teams and hope to play table top again soon when i make it back to N.Ireland.

So far I have painted a Khemri team, but hoping to also paint delfs, nurgle and finish my chaos dwarves

Would like to get involved in some type of botocs online league while in exile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duce
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Zurich   Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:56 am

Hey and welcome to the forum. Smile

The tabletop versions even more fun nowdays and the new teams look like they are interesting to play, especially the slann.

What did you do so bad to be exiled from N.I Razz

Hopefully when you get back to N.I the bloodbowl league i'm running in Belfast and the other which will hopefully be starting soon in Lisburn will be in full flow so you can hop right in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nibble.playsboard.com
uniteallaction

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Zurich   Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 am

Well a big hello and a warm welcome from all on the site bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/uniteallaction/40k/
necrosis

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Zurich   Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:10 am

Duce wrote:
Hey and welcome to the forum. Smile

The tabletop versions even more fun nowdays and the new teams look like they are interesting to play, especially the slann.

What did you do so bad to be exiled from N.I Razz

Hopefully when you get back to N.I the bloodbowl league i'm running in Belfast and the other which will hopefully be starting soon in Lisburn will be in full flow so you can hop right in.

I wasnt forced out Wink, just working in Switzerland atm.

There has been talk of a Zurich league for a long time in some swiss forums but nothing materialised. Although there are loads of tourneys going on here, although i wouldn't go to one of those until i have a few proper TT games under my belt.

Yeah would like to get involved when i get back. My mate just hooked up with you, playing an undead team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duce
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Zurich   Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:26 am

Was it Darren by any chance? if so i'm assuming you are the friend he was mentioning who also liked the game?

Last edited by Duce on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
necrosis

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Zurich   Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:31 am

Duce wrote:
Was it Darren by any chance? if so i'm assuming you are the friend he was mentioning who also liked the game?

Yep, both long term exiles from blood bowl after playing mostly the first two editions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rodge

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Zurich   Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:51 pm

Welcome to the forum!

We got to meet Darren this evening. He was playing an orc team and his casualties just kept crawling out of the dead and injured bin. I must say I was a bit envious, as my dark elf runner failed a go for it and died. I'd have done anything for a regeneration roll......

If this evening is anything to go by, there should be a good blood bowl following when you return. Blood Bowl was the most played game at the club this evening with 3 games running!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
necrosis

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Zurich   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:39 pm

yeah regen can be great but seems to either work all game or fail all game. I recently played a game with my Khemri team via botocs on stuntyleeg that managed to fail 5 of 6 regens!

I feel for you with the gfi death, it never seems fair.. like the punishment doesn't fit the crime. When I was playing cyanide my level 7 sure footed witch elf died with a gfi fail, re-roll fail, injury - dead, apoth injury dead!

Yeah it does sound like you have a good wee league going now. i play most open ffa, but much prefer the idea of a scheduled league.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duce
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Zurich   Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:56 am

Yeah, as Ken has mentioned Darren's team was crawling back on to the pitch over and over, the regen roll make sthem one of the top 4 teams in my opinion in the game due to long term players not dying as easily.

I'd love to do a scheduled league, but it smaking sur epeople all arrive down to play their matches and also keep up. Unless you can all do this on a saturday etc then its tough to have people being able to get their games played.

By the time you're back it will be approaching the 1 day event in July, so get som epractise in and go for broke and try to win a new team as a prize Smile and convince Darren to come too, then his undead can have some bashing fun.
Back to top Go down
necrosis

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Zurich   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:14 am

I will probably be living in Switzerland for another year, but there is a chance i will be back in NI for a holiday around that time. if I am I might pop along to the event even if i don't have a team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Zurich   

Back to top Go down

Hello from Zurich
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1